Mitas History

1932 
Tomas Bata begun tire production in Zlín, Moravia.

1933 
Pneumichelin a.s is founded in Prague Strašnice district

1947 
The company is named “Mitas” which is a combination  of words Michelin and Veritas

1974 
A new tire production plant built in Otrokovice, Moravia

1991 
Barum Holding a.s. becomes the owner of Mitas a.s.

1997 
Mitas becomes a tire brand available worldwide

2000 
Agro tire production transferred to a new production hall

2004 
Mitas acquires the agro business unit from Continental A.G.

2008 
Mitas acquires “Rumaguma” plant in Serbia

2011 
Mitas sales network’s name changed to “Mitas”

2012 
Mitas opens the 14th branch office in Uden, the Netherlands

2012 
Mitas to start farm tire production in Charles City, Iowa

2013
New plant in Otrokovice at full production capacity

2015
Mitas Premium is replacing Continental tires by OEMs