Mitas History

1932
Tomas Bata begun tire production in Zlín, Moravia.

1933
Pneumichelin a.s is founded in Prague Strašnice district

1947
The company is named “Mitas” which is a combination of words Michelin and Veritas

1974
A new tire production plant built in Otrokovice, Moravia

1991
Barum Holding a.s. becomes the owner of Mitas a.s.

1997
Mitas becomes a tire brand available worldwide

2000
Agro tire production transferred to a new production hall

2004
Mitas acquires the agro business unit from Continental A.G.

2008
Mitas acquires “Rumaguma” plant in Serbia

2011
Mitas sales network’s name changed to “Mitas”

2012
Mitas opens the 14th branch office in Uden, the Netherlands

2012
Mitas to start farm tire production in Charles City, Iowa

2013
New plant in Otrokovice at full production capacity

2015
Mitas Premium is replacing Continental tires by OEMs